It’s a busy Wednesday today, so here are some interesting links to keep you amused and informed:
Climategate marches on:
- While the world’s (so-called) leaders meet in Copenhagen to save us from a crisis that doesn’t exist, consider the following:
- How climate alarmists are like hamsters trapped in a cage.
- Solar geomagnetic activity is at an all time low. Expect things to get colder, in defiance of Al Gore.
- The EPA has declared carbon dioxide a major threat to your health. Scientific truth be damned; this is all about a breathtaking power-grab by the Obama Administration, which is frustrated by resistance from Congress and the American people.
- The Goracle may be a Green poet, but he has a tremendous tin ear.
- Taking a break from her book tour, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin pens an article for the Washington Post (But I thought she was irrelevant?) condemning politicized science and asking President Obama to boycott the farce in Copenhagen.
- And all that talk of transferring trillions to developing countries to help them fight global warming? Would you like to buy a bridge, too? Then again, if it crashes the conference, this double-cross would have to be counted a Good Thing(tm).
Smart Power in action:
- Nile Gardiner in The Mail wonders why Barack Obama seems to hate Great Britain and if the “special relationship” can survive. John Steele Gordon calls it gratuitous arrogance. I don’t know. Our President-Messiah did promise us change, after all. He just didn’t mention that would involve trashing a century-old alliance.
- Con Coughlin thinks it’s time Obama learned some manners.
- Don’t worry, Britain, it’s not just you. Our new policy seems to be to hug our enemies and slap our allies. The latest target apparently is Norway, which has just awarded Obama a Nobel Peace Prize (for nothing). Even people who like him get slighted.
Bits and Bobs:
- Almost half of America has presidential buyers-remorse. Must be racists.
- Call it a battle in the cultural jihad. Ayaan Hirsi Ali argues that the Swiss ban on minarets for new mosques was justified. I take what she writes very seriously.
- Two million per job? What a steal! Who knew Democratic pollsters were shovel-ready projects?
- Finally, was it a sign of Obama’s coming? What was that weird blue light over Norway last night?
See ya later tonight or tomorrow, folks!