An example of something pointed out years ago by Peter Schweizer: When conservatives betray their professed principles, they hurt themselves; when the left betrays their principles, they benefit.
I’m a huge fan of so-called tax havens. I’ve been working for more than 10 years to protect and promote the values of tax competition, fiscal sovereignty, and financial privacy.
Why am I fighting this battle and taking occasional risks? Because tax havens are a huge plus for the global economy.
- They generally have better fiscal policy, often with zero income taxes.
- They encourage other nations to adopt better fiscal policy because of tax competition.
- They provide refuge to people suffering fiscal oppression.
- They provide privacy protection to people suffering political persecution.
- They benefit the American economy, both directly and indirectly.
Statist politicians, not surprisingly, resent and despise tax havens. They often attack these low-tax jurisdictions because
View original post 513 more words