A few days ago, on the floor of the House, Representative Lee (D-CA) declared that requiring voters to present identification in order to vote was a… wait for it… racist plot!!!
A Democratic lawmaker said Wednesday on the House floor that Republican legislators around the country are purposefully trying to deny blacks the right to vote by pushing for voter identification laws.
“It’s no coincidence that a disproportionate number of these affected voters come from communities of color as well as the poor, the elderly and students,” said Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), a former chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus.
“Having been born and raised in Texas, this certainly looks like a poll tax to me, which those of us remember as a way to prevent African Americans from voting. These voter ID laws have a partisan agenda: seeking to disenfranchise and deny specific populations of voters before they have the opportunity to elect their representatives in government.”
She also said the laws are meant to change election outcomes by “turning the clock back to the days of Jim Crow.”
Pardon me, I need to beat my head against a wall for a moment.
There. I feel better.
If you think you’ve heard this song before, you’re right. Just a few days ago, a Democratic Party support organization masquerading as a civil rights advocacy group, the NAACP, announced plans to ask the United Nations to intervene against the racist evils of voter ID laws.
And, let’s not forget, the Chairwoman of the Democratic Party, Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, accused Republicans of wanting to take America back to the days of Jim Crow. It seems Congresswoman Lee needs the same history lesson about her own party I gave Wasserman-Schultz:
- Q. Which party defended slavery? A. The Democratic Party.
- Q. Which party opposed slavery? A. The Republican Party.
- Q. Between 1875 and 1964, which party passed every major civil rights bill until the 1964 act? A. The Republicans.
- Q. Which party created and defended Jim Crow for over 90 years? A. The Democrats.
- Q. Which party fought every anti-lynching law introduced between the Civil War and 1964? A. The Democrats.
- Q. Which party introduced segregation into the federal government? A. The Democrats, under Wilson.
Of course, truth doesn’t matter to the Lees and the NAACPs and the Wasserman-Schultzes of the world. In fact the truth is their enemy. If they ran on the truth, that election fraud is a real problem, they would have to admit that their party is the one that benefits from it. And if they ran in the next election on the truth of the Democrats’ record while in office… Well, it would make the Great Shellacking of 2010 look like a day at the beach by comparison.
Hence they’re left with nothing but the Big Lie, told often and loud and with total sincerity. As an expert (1) in the tactic once said:
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
But, back to Representative Lee and the question I put to you in the subject, the answer is “c) both.” She knows what she’s doing, playing the race card in an attempt to intimidate Republicans and scare Blacks and other minorities into voting Democrat, and, let’s be blunt, keep the door open for vote fraud. It’s part of a concerted Democratic strategy (2), which we’ll see played again and again between now and November, 2012.
But she’s also an idiot, because she apparently thinks stirring up ethnic animosities somehow helps the nation or even her constituents. Far from it. Every time they tell this Big Lie, they harm their country, their party, their constituents, and themselves.
And we need to confront them with the truth, every time they do it.
via Pirate’s Cove and Rhymes With Right.
RELATED: It probably won’t surprise you to know that Representative Lee is, at least through 2009, a member of the Democratic Socialists of America. Here’s a little background on her.
(1) Yeah, I went there. I’m not accusing Lee of being a Nazi, of course, but she seems awfully willing to use the totalitarians’ tactics.
(2) The other Big Lie, of course, is the class warfare card, which Obama made a cornerstone of his campaign in his openly Socialist speech last week in Osawatomie. That’s the only strategy the Democrats have left: scream and call names and hope no one notices their intellectual bankruptcy.
(Crossposted at Sister Toldjah)